Thursday, December 7, 2017

LMRFD Board Member Kiffer People Don't Complain to the Chief "because they feel your unavailable, they feel that you're rude to them"

At the November 20th  board meeting of the LMRFD they needed to appoint a new board member because someone had quit. when I was being considered for the vacant position Director Kiffer asked if I had problems with the LMRFD. My answer was yes that when paramedics put very sick patients in private vehicles it could cost the district millions.

Needless to say who runs the LMRFD board, but I wasn't chosen for the board. Director Kiffer nominated someone else and everyone fell in line...

Kiffer then made a motion to choose someone else for the empty LMRFD board vacancy because I see problems in the LMRFD.

I filed a complaint against the fire chief when I should have complained to him. Yet when people complain directly to Director Kiffer about the fire chief she takes the complaint directly to the chief rather than tell them what I was told, that complaints should go to the fire chief's office.

Later in executive session when Director Kiffer was asked by the chief "why aren't these complains coming to my office" Kiffer said "because they feel your unavailable, they feel that you're rude to them, they feel you're not hearing them, these are the things people are telling me"

Funny, that's what I had told the board earlier in the same board meeting. That I had left several calls for the chief when he took over and never received a return call. I had spent days filling out a volunteer application for the LMRFD and never even received a thanks, but no thanks call.

So on this one point I agree with Director Kiffer, that the chief is unavailable and rude. He should at least return calls from people and if someone goes to all the trouble to fill out a volunteer application, have the courtesy to say thank you. My complaint was about the chief, so I had little faith the complaint would have been taken seriously.

From November 20th 2017 LMRFD Board Meeting minutes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment