Monday, June 24, 2019

My First Impression of AT&T's First Responder Network FirstNet

I've been testing out AT&T's network built for first responders 
called FirstNet. The first thing I learned is don't call AT&T for help with FirstNet, they have a seperate support group that are great. They know what they're doing and get any problems with activation or IMEI numbers solved fast.

The FirstNet tower is working great in Dolan Springs. My guess is the cell tower above Dolan is the FirstNet tower 310-100 I can see on an app. I checked data speed and it just over 60 Mbps. You can not only download large files in seconds, you can tether 10 devices when needed.

The plans and prices for first responders in HERE 
They have some great offers for agencies to purchase the $1000 rugged Sonim XP8 phone for .99 cents and a 2 year plan.

The plan I use is the $44.99 unlimited data, talk & text plus unlimited mobile hotspot & tethering plan, with no throttling.

All in all FirstNet seems like a good deal for first responders. Just remember to call FirstNet for support and not AT&T..


No comments:

Post a Comment