Monday, January 27, 2020

I was just fired from LMRFD I posted this Dec 1st 2019 Lots More to Come...

Originally Posted December 1st 2019.. 
Removed after chief agreed we could use EMR's on ambulance and that he would have the protocols for EMR's by the end of December 2019 Still no protocols by the end of January 2020 but lots of time off for hunting.

I resigned from LMRFD today, I was tired of half truths and BS. I'm 67 and too old for putting on 40 pounds firefighting gear and running into burning buildings.

I know I'm not a paramedic, I get reminded enough. But I do have about 2000 hours of EMS training. If I never touched a patient that training would be an asset as far as patient assessment. 

It's no secret LMRFD needs a second ambulance. We could have one today except Chief Bonnee doesn't want to use EMR's (Emergency Medical Responder) 

The Arizona Revised Code is clear that Emergency Medical Responders EMR's can assist and drive an ambulance in rural areas under 10,000 people like Dolan Springs.

I'm tired of people using laws, rules, and regulations they like while ignoring those they don't. Chief Bonnee has told me many times that our medical director won't let LMRFD use EMR's. 

I spoke to a KRMC ER representative today at training with Chief Bonnee. She told that EMR’s can assist the EMT or paramedic if they ask and drive the LMRFD ambulance. That's when Chief Bonnee said it was up to him and he didn't want to use EMR's because of the liability. 

I guess we need to weigh the liability of having a Nationally Certified EMR assist a Nationally Certified EMT or Paramedic by driving the ambulance, against the liability of a patient dying 
because the ambulance wasn't available because the chief just didn't want to.......

80% of calls are EMS calls and not fire calls, 80% of EMS calls are BLS Basic Life Support and NOT ALS Advanced Life Support. That means an EMT can handle 80% of EMS calls. It would be great to have two paramedics and an EMT on every call, but something is always better than nothing. 

Remember the chief and his family don't live here and need to depend on LMRFD EMS...








No comments:

Post a Comment