Saturday, November 7, 2020

I Give Up, It's Been Two Months Since I Asked to Volunteer, Again...

Chief Winn obviously isn't interested in volunteers so I gave up and sent this email to the chief.

Jay Fleming leapspeaker@gmail.com

7:36 AM (2 hours ago)
to Chief
OK Chief I give up, you win. 
I'll wait until the next board member quits, should be soon. I'll serve my community by applying for the next board opening.

Jay Fleming

I contacted Chief Winn about volunteering on September 3rd 


I had a meeting with Chief Winn about coming back as a volunteer on September 15th. 


A week Later on September 22nd I sent the chief an email to see what was going on about volunteering. 

No Answer from the chief


Another week Later on September 29th I sent Chief Winn another email saying I hadn't received a reply from him. 

No Answer from the chief


October 4th I had not received any response from the chief.


On October 5th Chief Winn finally replied saying "I just got back from vacation and he hoped we would meet the week of October 5th BUT No Contact from the chief


12 days later on October 24th I sent Chief Winn an another email saying "It's been a month and a half since we met any decision yet?"


Today is November 7th it's been over two months since I first contacted Chief Winn about volunteering and still NOTHING from the chief. 


I sent the chief this email November 7th 2020

Jay Fleming leapspeaker@gmail.com

7:36 AM (2 hours ago)
to Chief
OK Chief I give up, you win. 
I'll wait until the next board member quits, should be soon. I'll serve my community by applying for the next board opening.

Jay Fleming

I haven't wanted on the fire board because then I can't use my knowledge and experience as a volunteer. So the next board opening I'll apply for the opening and use my training and experience in fire fighting and EMS to hire a fire chief who lives in the fire district and understands without communications and volunteers we have nothing in a major disaster. 

1 comment:

  1. That's so wrong in many ways! Chief Winn should be replying to questions and/or concerns that citizens have. He is one of the Supervisors whom would be in the public eyes and should be respecting us as citizens. Furthermore, we all know that there's a need of volunteers, where he shouldn't be brushing you or anyone off. Maybe he lacks being an authorative figure or lacks knowledge of what a Supervisor/Chief is? What about contacting Phyllis or Douglas, or even Jean Bishop? Somewhere along the line someone should be able to answer your questions. Even if you have to climb the ladder, go to a level higher to get your answer.
    And if he can't do his job and support our community, there's always someone higher than he is to make/take complaints too...I will start filing a grievance against Chief Winn, as this is totally unacceptable behavior and should not be tolerated.

    ReplyDelete