Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Small Sleepy Towns Can Be A Dangerous Place



The world changed on September 11th, America became a lot less secure when almost 3000 people died at the hands of terrorist, That's what terrorist do, create fear in peoples minds.

Much of my training in law enforcement had to do with drugs, intelligence, and covert operations, Because of this I was trained in both intelligence gathering, and counter-intelligence. So I look at the world different than most people.

We sit near three major terrorist targets, Las Vegas playground to the world, Hoover Dam a symbol of our nations power, and the Grand Canyon one of the seven natural wonders of the world,

We think of Dolan Springs and Meadview as sleepy little towns on the way to the Grand Canyon. But we sit between two primary terrorist targets, Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon. Tourists from all over the world come to both of these attractions, Bombing a bus load of tourists would make people afraid to cross the dam, or visit the Grand Canyon. Terrorists use buses as targets all the time in other countries.

We need to be much more observant than we are. We need to learn what to look for as far as suspicious activity, and suspicious items. In Mohave Valley I watched a 5 gallon gas can sit 5' off the side of US-95 for a month before the highway department picked it up.

During my police academy training during bomb investigations, they put a gallon of gas with an electric blasting cap inside a two bedroom home. When the blasting cap was set off, there was fire out every window in that home. Imagine what five gallons of gas would do? Improvised Explosive Devices, IED's, are made from anything the terrorist can find, even a simple gas can.

Hopefully nothing like this will ever come to our community, but if it does, we need to prepare for the worst, and pray for the best.

Please be observant, if you see something suspicious, tell someone.

Jay


8 comments:

  1. Are you nuts? Why would you set us up like this? You pinpoint us on the map, broadcast our weaknesses to the world, and now give detailed instructions to any wannabe or real terrorists local or passing through! I don't believe you have any legitimate Law Enforcement training! If anything you're an old doper working as a snitch for the FBI to avoid prison time. Does your job include fomenting unrest and encouraging violent incidents? ...or do you just do that for fun? Moron! You need to be held personally responsible for anything that comes of this post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So if terrorists are looking at our community, you would prefer we put our heads in the sand. We need to be aware of potential threats, and plan for them, not play ostrich.

      Why do you think the federal government warns us of potential threats.
      I posted this because the blog got 50 views from Russia, and 20 from the Ukraine in the last few weeks.I did advise the FBI.

      So go play ostrich the community will plan for any disaster.

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry for telling people in other countries that Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, and the Grand Canyon exist I know their locations were top secret.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    4. This is one I strongly disagree with Jay. I didn't move here to be "reported" because I might look suspicious.

      I moved here because most people mind their own business.

      NOTHING is more dangerous than paranoia.

      Delete
    5. And an after thought. Jay, how do you define suspicious?

      Being not white? Speaking a different language? Speaking with a foreign accent?

      What's a suspicious activity?

      Delete
  2. Christine suspicious is very subjective. It has nothing to with not being white, speaking a different language, or speaking with a foreign accent, I call those tourists.

    Suspicious is based on what you know, and your life experiences. We all know when someone, or something just isn't right. Few of us listen to that, and fewer act.
    I'm just saying with the world today, we need to pay attention.

    I'm glad someone can agree to disagree and discuss something with out name calling and drama.

    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay, you're right, it IS very subjective.

      Reality is that many people around here find anyone "different" suspicious. And another reality, that's pretty much how it is everywhere, not just here.

      In San Francisco it would be hard to be "suspicious", in Meadview all it takes is to be NOT white and coming from another country. Combine being NOT white with a foreign accent and you got a threat to national security.

      Oh, almost forgot religion. I've shocked a number of locals stating that I don't appreciate their hatred against Muslim as I practice Islam. The reality is that NOBODY has ever treated me better than Muslims in Syria, Jordan and Lebanon. Talk about people who know how to treat guests.

      I've lived here for 15 years now and I've never met more racists. A number of people openly told me so too and when I then mention Jose, they say he's different. I suppose that's because he's associated with me and they kindof know him.

      Thing is that he's been here for 6 years, but he doesn't go out much other than to work or visit with friends, so to most resident he's STILL a dangerous stranger. Fortunately he's been getting referrals from people he's worked for.

      Just look at the comment by "anonymous" -- I often find it hard to believe how DUMB so many people are.

      Bigots, racists and idiots. Unfortunately they're not only here, but every time I make the mistake of reading comments on national stories about Trump and terrorists I am just floored.

      My dad in Germany told me that the country is ready for the next Hitler and the fascists are rising in the US just the same.

      I'm NOT worried about terrorists -- I'm worried about a repeat of the 1930s.

      Delete