Saturday, October 17, 2020

Chief Winn is Too Busy for Volunteers?

I give up, Chief Winn has time to go on vacation but no time for new volunteers. 

September 3rd I contacted Chief Winn about volunteering. 

September 15th I met with Chief Winn telling him I would like to help drive equipment, setup emergency communications, and follow up on illegal burns we keep responding to time and time again. 

September 22nd I sent an email asking if had chance to talk to emergency management and the sheriff about what we talked about. 

October 4th I had sent several emails but received nothing from Chief Winn so I sent an email to the administrative assistant asking if his email was working. She said it was..

October 5th Chief Winn sent me an email saying "I just got back from vacation today. I have been doing some research into what we had discussed and I will need to schedule a meeting with you once I get all the info I have been gathering. I'm hoping by next week I will be able to arrange a meeting with you.

October 17th Chief Winn must have been too busy all week to worry about volunteers or manpower so I give up.

Why is he taking vacation after only a few months on the job? I always had to be on the job a year before getting paid vacation.

With units responding lights and siren from Meadview on a regular basis leaving Meadview unprotected, add the risk of hitting a cow responding 30 miles to a trash fire and it shows the need for volunteers.






No comments:

Post a Comment