Thursday, October 29, 2020

Chief Winn Really Isn't Interested in Getting Volunteers, Really

In my opinion Chief Winn isn't really interested in getting volunteers. He kept the current volunteers on to prevent people from complaining if he dumped the volunteer program, but it appears he Really Isn't Interested in New Volunteers. 


At the September 25th board meeting the chief mentioned a former volunteer coming back and two new volunteers had interest but hadn't got back to him. 

At the October 23rd meeting the chief said nothing about volunteers. 


It shouldn't take months to get a former volunteer setup and working. Especially a well trained former volunteer who was fired by the former chief for disagreeing with him. 


This is about my attempt to volunteer with Chief Winn


September 3rd 

I contacted Chief Winn about volunteering


September 15th 

I had a meeting with Chief Winn about coming back as a volunteer. 


September 22nd A week Later

I sent the chief an email to see what was going on about volunteering


September 29th Another week Later

I sent Chief Winn and email saying I hadn't received a reply from him. 


October 4th Another week Later

I had not received any response from the chief so I sent a message to the administrative assistant asking if his email was working.

Most business people on vacation use the auto-reply function on email telling people they're out of the office and when they will return. Chief doesn't apparently doesn't understand basic business communications.. The AA replied it was working he had contacted her.


October 5th Finally

A week after my last email to him Chief Winn replied to my September 29th email. He said "I just got back from vacation today. I have been doing some research into what we had discussed and I will need to schedule a meeting with you once I get all the info I have been gathering. I'm hoping by next week I will be able to arrange a meeting with you.


Week of October 12th

Chief said he hoped we would meet this week but so far nothing from the chief about meeting


October 24th 12 Days Later

I sent Chief Winn an another email saying "It's been a month and a half since we met any decision yet?"


October 29th 5 Days Later

Still noting from Chief Winn


It's been about a month and a half since I met with Chief Winn about volunteering. With our limited manpower and long response times  volunteers who works for nothing rather than $500 per shift should be a priority, but it's not with Chief Winn


It's pretty clear Chief Winn is not interested in volunteers. He only keeps the current volunteers who were hired by Chief Bonnee so he won't piss off the community. Why on earth should it take months to get an experienced volunteer back to work?


I'm tired of people who don't live in the fire district telling taxpayers what we need and what to do. We need a chief who promotes volunteers rather than blow them off. 

Anybody should be able to volunteer in the office, as a firefighter, or whatever, it's OUR fire district. Why is it that only people who don't live in the fire district have access what's going on in the office. Locking out taxpayers as volunteers especially in the office looks like they have something to hide. 


What's up with new hire chiefs taking weeks of vacation before working a year. I thought you earned vacation after working a year not a couple months. 


No comments:

Post a Comment