Monday, October 30, 2017

For someone to belittle those of us who volunteer to help others should tell you something about that person

A LMRFD firefighter brought up the fact I complain that the majority of the LMRFD firefighters live in other towns, and only one LMRFD firefighter lives in the fire district. That's TRUE....

I complain about not having firefighters living here because like the major rain storm we had about a year ago that closed Pierce Ferry Road, firefighters from Meadview were unable to make it to a call near Dolan Springs we are left unprotected and alone.

If a major disaster closed US-93 we would be left with the two firefighters on duty to cover the 144 square mile fire district as well as the 2200 square miles the ambulance covers.

The term "volunteer" contrasts with career firefighters who are fully compensated for their services. In fact the majority of fire departments in the United States are volunteer. Of the total 29,727 fire departments in the country, 19,762 are all volunteer; 5,421 are mostly volunteer; 1,893 are mostly career; and 2,651 are all career

LMRFD firefighters paramedics are paid around $700.00 per shift.(plus the cost of benefits).. I donate my time to help the town of Chloride. So I'm sorry, I suppose the LMRFD firefighter who complained that I volunteer for Chloride would also like me to stop volunteering for the Red Cross. I guess he thinks all of us who GIVE out time and energy should just stop helping our neighbors. 

I'm SORRY but helping neighbors helping neighbors is what makes living in a small town all about, and what makes America great.

I guess he thinks all the volunteer firefighters and Red Cross volunteers who selflessly leave their homes and families at personal risk to help others in neighboring communities and states should just stop. Sorry but it's what I've always done and will continue to do. 

For someone who comes to our community for profit to belittle anyone who volunteers hours of their time and energy to obtain the required training to help others should tell you something about that person.... 





No comments:

Post a Comment