Saturday, May 16, 2020

Nobody Likes Me, Everybody Hates Me, I Think I'll Eat Some Worms!

Well it didn't take long for the LMRFD board to hire Steve Wynn as the new interim fire chief or for the new interim chief to make changes many people aren't happy with, especially in Meadview.

As far as I know the new interim chief was hired without the opening being advertised anywhere. Where do these guys come from, who told them, why couldn't anyone else apply?

Another person with far more experience and ability to do much of the training needed for volunteers did approached the board about the interim chief position. We'll never know why they didn't look at him.

I doubt the board is going to advertise the opening for a full time fire chief, they didn't last time when I wrote this May 2019 blog post "I Know We Can Find a fire Chief Here Are the Requirements for Fire Chief"

In the past when I ask why the LMRFD doesn't advertise nation wide for firefighters, I was told nobody want's to work here, nobody want's to move here. 

I'm Tired of Hearing Poor Dolan Springs, Nobody Likes Me, Everybody Hates Me, I Think I'll Eat Some Worms! 
It looks to me like people do want to move here. There's over 15 new mailboxes at 9th and Pierce Ferry alone. We have great weather and lot's of recreational areas.

These part-time firefighters live and work in other fire districts. So we have a fire chief who doesn't live here, hiring his buddy firefighters who don't live here part time so they can make extra money.

From what I'm told Meadview will no longer have coverage and Mike Pettway the only firefighter who actually lives in the fire district is being "asked" to retire. Once Mike is gone we're screwed in a major event affecting the region like the recent earthquake near Reno, where roads and buildings are damage, who ya gonna call?

Where do you think the loyalty of these part time guys will be? In the town where their family lives and they work full time, or Dolan and Meadview? In a major event we might have the two part time firefighters on duty at the time. 

Earthquake Map

PS
Paramedic has NOTHING to do with someone being a fire chief. I am so tired of being told BS and rumors  rather than laws, rules, and regulations.

Just like Tim telling us EMR's can't drive the ambulance, this was BS too.



No comments:

Post a Comment