Friday, August 14, 2015

Consolidation Between LMRFD and NACFD Needs to be Sent To A Vote of the People

The consolidation  of the the Lake Mohave Ranchos Fire District and the Northern Arizona Consolidated Fire District should be decided by a vote of the people it effects, those inside the LMRFD.

Many people come to the various community meetings, but many don't live in the fire district, and pay no property tax to support the LMRFD. It seems like were letting people from outside the fire district make our decisions.

I understand it effects those people, but if they want a say in how the fire district is ran, join the fire district.

People in Dolan Springs are different, but last I checked this is America and it's OK to be different. I don't want a fire board in Kingman that thinks Dolan is just tweakers and thieves.

Every time I ask the chief about volunteers, he tells me no one in Dolan will volunteer, then brings up background checks, and felonies, like everyone in Dolan is a felon and wouldn't pass a background check.

The people inside the fire district should decide if consolidating with the NACFD and letting outsiders make our decisions is going to be better for the district, or if keeping control and showing people a small fire district can work.

The LMRFD spends over $500,000.00 on personal costs, and volunteers cost too much?

The only people who have a stake in Dolan Springs are the people who live here. Any fiefighter who moves to Dolan Springs will most likley use us to gain experience, then move on to a bigger department, with more safety and higher pay.

Let the people in the fire district decide for themselves, by a vote of the people.

1 comment:

  1. We should consolidate, I can't handle working at lmrfd if it continues the way its going.I would like to be able to do the things I used to do with my kids havnt had a vacation with my family in over five years lost my benefits,sick and vacation time gone,medical for family gone I got my medical back but I still owe 7 to 8 thousand in medicals bills since lmfrd went broke .if we don't consolidate I won't get any of this back.I've worked my ass off for this fire dist.I started off as a volunteer back in 1991,and became a full time fire fighter in 1998 I responded to all the calls well most of them when I was off duty its not about the money its for the love of the place and for the community of Dolan springs and Meadview and all the out skirts of town.I can't stand to see peoples property go up in flames but I can't respond to any calls without a tone out .volunteers would be nice background checks and drug test are must but that's not the whole issue got to pay insurance on every single volunteer workman's comp they get hurt during a fire someone has to pay there checks from there full time job. Lmrfd won't ever be the same cause the money of today word is gone can't afford a new chief a new board out of the question the hoops and classes they got to attend lmfrd can't afford that to put them on the balet to be voted in lmrfd has to pay that can't do it.consolidate now that will work boards already in place and chief getting paid already.no more cost for lmrfd the 7000 thousand we are paying now for john Flynn and the 5 grand we are paying Nacfd that money can hire a few more people to putt on shift .I tired of dealing with the hold ups let it go through cause that's the best option. My name is Mike Pettway you can reach at any time you can find me at the wishing well the fire house or phone 928-530-3304

    ReplyDelete